Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Remembering Kristin

Two days after arriving in MA where I'm visiting my parents, I heard that an old high school friend of mine had died the day before in a car wreck. She was living in Georgia, where she was married and raising three beautiful children.

I met Kristin during middle school and we remained close friends through high school. I spent a particularly large amount of time with her 8th through 10th grades as we were on the same Odyssey of the Mind team. What fun memories I have of her - she always had a ready smile, such a good heart, and she was a talented artist and excellent student. Her father passed away during high school and I was amazed at her strength through that hard time.

Having gone to BYU for college, off to Taiwan for a mission, and living in Utah, Virginia, and Texas for the last nearly nine years, I have lost track of many of my childhood friends. Kristin and I had only fairly recently reconnected via email. I'm so glad that I did. Though I wish that I'd been able to known her better as a wife and mother and seen more of that side of her. It sounds like she had matured into an amazing woman.

My prayers are with her family at this time of loss. I hope they will find peace and comfort in knowing she is with our Heavenly Father and other loved ones. Kristin, you are missed!

Kristin's obituary can be found here: http://www.stricklandfh.com/visitations/View.php?id=1375

Kristin and David's photography website can be found at www.snydersphotography.com. It's a beautiful look into the passion for art she and her husband shared.

3 comments:

Kylee said...

Their photography is beautiful. What a hard happening.

Jen vB said...

I'm glad you were home with us when we found out. Sad news is a bit more bearable with friends who understand.

Alissa said...

I have a picture of the two of you from the OM World Finals in Maryland 1993 that I look at, and think of, so often, especially now.